This course is intended for candidates who want to gain the knowledge and abilities to progress onto the full NVQ programme (City & Guilds 2357). The Level 2 qualification is designed for new entrants to the industry, and Level 3 is aimed at those who have already completed the Level 2 qualification or with some relevant experience and knowledge of the industry. This course may also be suitable for students who wish to become domestic installers.
It covers many areas within electro-technology including:
- Health and safety
- Principles of electrical science
- Electrical installations technology
- Installation of wiring systems and enclosures
- Communication within building services
- Principles & requirements of environmental technology systems
- Fault diagnosis & rectification
- Inspecting, testing & commissioning
- Electrical systems design
The assessment includes written assessments, written exams, multiple choice written tests and practical assignments.
Further details may be found in the course information sheet (CIS 028).