Gas – Domestic Apprenticeships
Earn a wage while working towards your recognised Gas qualification. Starting with the basics, you’ll learn the skills you need as you work on the job with your employer, and come one day a week to the training centre to learn in our fully equipped workshops and classrooms.
This apprenticeship will qualify learners to install, commission, service and maintain domestic gas appliances. This 2-3 year modular programme includes:
- Health and Safety in gas utilisation
- Tightness Testing - purge, commission and decommission gas pipework up to 35mm
- Scientific and Combustion Principles in gas utilisation
- Specific Core Gas Safety
- Installation and Maintenance of domestic gas cookers, tumble dryers and leisure appliances
- Gas Safe Register Accreditation - in core gas safety (CCN1), meters (MET1), installation & maintenance of gas cooking appliances (CKR1) and liquid petroleum gas (LPG) in permanent dwellings (CoNGLP 1PD)
Throughout the qualification learners will undertake various assessments, both workplace and training centre based.
On completion you will have industry recognition as a qualified Gas Engineer.
Further details may be found on the Gas Engineering Standard Apprenticeship course page.
Enquire Onlineor call us on 01444 870860 / 02392 190190