Booking Terms & Conditions
1. Terms of Payment
Unless arrangements have been made in advance to pay by instalments (in which case detailed information on the payment plan will be provided in writing to the applicant prior to booking) full payment should accompany all applications for courses(1). If payment is not enclosed it must be made in full 7 working days(2) prior to the start of the course(1).
Where full payment is not received in accordance with invoicing terms, Steve Willis Training Ltd. (SWT) reserves the right to levy a late payment charge of 1.5% per month on any unpaid fees. SWT reserves the right to re-allocate a course(1) place to another delegate or refuse admission if payment has not been received.
As applicable, certification claims will not be processed or certificates issued until full payment of fees are cleared in our accounts at which time the Internal Verification condition will commence.
2. Charges for Customer Cancellation of Course (1) (all requests must be made in writing)
When a delegate is unable to attend a booked course and requests a cancellation, the following scale of charges will apply:
- If the cancellation is made more than 15 working days(2) prior to the start of the course(s)(1) a refund less an administration fee (£50 Plus VAT) and any additional fees (examination entries, books supplied etc.) will be returned.
- If the cancellation is made within a period of 15 to 6 working days(2) prior to the start of the course(s)(1) 50% of the course(1) fees along with any additional fees (examination entries, books supplied etc.) are payable.
- If the cancellation is made within a period of 5 working days(2) prior to the start of the course(s)(1) 100% of the course(1) fees along with any additional fees (examination entries, books supplied etc.) are payable.
Fees due for Apprenticeship programmes will be invoiced and collected in accordance with our Policy for Fees and Charges (Apprenticeships), available to view online or in hard copy on request.
Where there is any dispute relating to cancellation of courses(1) the responsibility for supplying proof of cancellation rests with the delegate.
3. Charges for Customer Reschedule of Course (1)
When a customer is unable to attend a booked course and requests a reschedule to an alternative date, the following charges will apply:
- For requests to reschedule a booking received more than 20 working days in advance of the course start date, there will be no charge incurred.
- For requests to reschedule a booking received between 15 and 20 working days in advance of the course start date, there will be a charge of 50% of the value of the original booking. An invoice for the rescheduling fee will be raised and any outstanding balance on the original invoice must be paid in full.
- For requests to reschedule a booking received less than 15 working days in advance of the course start date, there will be a charge of 100% of the value of the original booking. An invoice for the rescheduling fee will be raised and any outstanding balance on the original invoice must be paid in full.
4. Rescheduling of Courses (1) by SWT
In exceptional circumstances Steve Willis Training reserves the right to cancel a course and transfer all bookings to a later date. If this is not acceptable to the customer, the booking will be cancelled and a full refund provided.
5. Delegate Substitutions
Delegates can be substituted at any time without extra cost, unless costs have already been incurred (e.g. named examination entries, issue of study materials etc.) in which event additional fees, and in some cases late examination entry fees, will be payable.
6. Changes in Course (1) Content
SWT reserves the right to change the course(1) content, without prior notice, to accommodate up to the moment information or alternative trainers other than those advertised.
7. Liability for Property
SWT does not accept responsibility or liability in respect of loss or damage to any property brought to the premises of SWT or any other premises used by SWT for a course(1). The delegate or the delegate’s company should arrange appropriate insurance.
8. Liability for Accidents and Damage
A delegate and/or sponsor shall indemnify SWT for the negligent or criminal damage to premises, or property of SWT or any other premises or property used by SWT in the provision of a course(1). SWT does not accept liability for damage caused as a result of negligent acts or omissions of SWT, its employees or agents save for its statutory liability for death or personal injury.
9. Internal Verification
We aim to process all assessment paperwork to our awarding organisations at the earliest opportunity. For ACS schemes certification claims will be sent to our Certification Body within 10 working days(2) of assessment completion or final payment of fees.
SWT will not accept any liability for loss resulting from a delay or refusal of certification by our Certification Body or registration by Gas Safe Register where the operative has failed to provide pre-requisite qualifications/evidence.
SWT, its printers and publishers reserve proprietary rights on all course(1) notes and study material provided for a delegate and no part of the course(1) notes or study material may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, or stored in any retrieval system of any nature without the written permission of SWT, its printers and publishers.
All bookings (whether written or verbal) are subject to the above Terms and Conditions and constitute a legally binding contract under English Law.
Registered Office: 168 Church Road, Hove, East Sussex BN3 2DL
(1) Meaning course, assessment or any other service provided by SWT.
(2) Working days are Monday to Friday, excluding weekends and public holidays.