Employer Case Study - Diverse Contracting 2023
9th February 2023
We spoke to Matt Davies - Director of Diverse Contracting Ltd.
- A brief description of what the organisation does.
An Electrical contracting company that specialises in high end property and commercial electrical installations.
- What is your organisations experience of taking on apprentices?
On the whole we have had positive experiences with our apprentices.
- Why did you decide to start taking on apprentices?
I wanted to pass my knowledge of the trade and help grow the personal development of others and to also help expand my company.
- How many apprentices do you currently employ?
- What benefits have you seen to your organisation from taking on apprentices?
They can bring in fresh ideas and help me to see things from a different perspective. They are also keen to learn new skills, which in turn makes an effective working team of people. It also helps me keep to date with the current practices and legislation.
- What is the top reason why other businesses should consider taking on apprentices?
To help grow your own skilled workforce and support the next generation of individuals joining the industry.
Picture : Apprentices - Owen Lewis (Year 1) & Jordan Ingleby.