Carbon Monoxide Kills...

30th November 2020

A recent inquest into the tragic deaths of 5 people in Cornwall has highlighted some shocking statistics around carbon monoxide poisoning in the UK. 

18 people died in 10 incidents linked to faulty cookers, and all the deaths might have been prevented if carbon monoxide alarms had been in use. 

The Beko cookers linked to these incidents were subject to a Gas Safe Register Safety Alert and modification guide back in 2014, available to read online:

Gas Safe Register stress that it is vital that everyone in our industry continues to raise awareness among gas engineers of the need to identify and modify the grill compartment on the BEKO, Leisure and Flavel cookers covered by this alert.  

We urge gas engineers to encourage all their customers to have working carbon monoxide alarms. 

 You can read more about this on the BBC news website

  • BPEC
  • City & Guilds
  • Apprenticeships

  • Career Transition Partnership
  • ELC
  • ERS
  • European Social Fund
  • Matrix