Qualify to install, commission, service and maintain domestic gas appliances on a 2-3 year modular programme which includes:
- Health & Safety in Gas Utilisation
- Tightness Testing, Purge, Commission & De-commission gas pipework up to 35mm
- Scientific & Combustion principles in Gas Utilisation
- Specific Core Gas Safety
- Installation & maintenance of domestic Gas Cookers, Tumble Dryers and Leisure appliances
- Gas Safe Register accreditation in: Core Gas Safety (CCN1), Meters (MET1), Installation & Maintenance of Gas Cooking appliances (CKR1) and Liquid Petroleum Gas (LPG) in Permanent Dwellings (CoNGLP 1PD)
On completion you will have industry recognition as a qualified Gas Engineer.
Learners may optionally undertake a Gas Safe Competence Category (ACS) in water heating and wet central heating (CENWAT1) free of charge if required by the employer or learner. We aim for this to be completed by Christmas in academic year 3, subject to class size.
If further ACS categories such as Space Heating (HTR1) and Warm Air (DAH1) are required, they can be undertaken as supplementary short courses at discounted fees (if booked and paid for within 6 months of the apprenticeship completion date). The learner will qualify for free ACS revision - the discounted rate excludes study materials and assessment / certification fees. Ask our sales team for more details.
To find out more contact our sales team on 01444 870860 / 02392 190190 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.