Gas – Domestic Apprenticeships
Earn a wage while working towards your recognised Gas qualification. Starting with the basics, you’ll learn the skills you need as you work on the job with your employer, and come one day a week to the training centre to learn in our fully equipped workshops and classrooms.
This apprenticeship will qualify learners to install, commission, service and maintain domestic gas appliances. This 30-month program, (duration may be subject to change), is taught in a modular format and includes the following:
- Health & Safety in Gas engineering
- Tightness Testing, purging, commission & decommission gas pipework up to 35mm
- Scientific & Combustion principles
- Specific Core Gas Safety
- Installation, maintenance, fault find & repair on a range of appliances
- Gas Safe Accreditation in core gas safety - MET 1, CEN/WAT, Unvented Hot Water
- Other categories on request
Throughout the qualification learners will undertake various assessments, both workplace and training centre based.
On completion you will have industry recognition as a qualified Gas Engineer.
Further details may be found on the Gas Engineering Standard Apprenticeship course page.