This course is ideal for plumbers, gas fitters, facilities managers, handymen, kitchen fitters and anyone working with electrical installations. For those in all trades to ensure they comply with the Electricity at Work Regulations to safely cut off supply and isolate equipment when working on electrical installations.
The course will be learnt using presentations, a practical demonstration by the tutor and hands-on practice on our training rigs. At the end of the course, candidates will have learnt:
- The dangers of electricity.
- The effects of current on the body.
- The Electricity at Work Regulations applying to Safe Isolation.
- The requirements of GS38 test equipment.
- Safe isolation and testing for dead on electrical installations.