An excellent opportunity to be part of the Steve Willis Training Apprenticeships Team providing Electrotechnical training for our Level 3 apprenticeship programme. Actively playing a key part within the Electrical team, delivering high quality training, supporting our learners and all stakeholders throughout their journey.
Location: Based at our Burgess Hill centre with duties at our Portchester centre.
Line report: Electrotechnical Curriculum Leader.
Working week: Part time – 16 hours per week – two consecutive days.
Monday – Friday between 0800 – 1700. THIS WILL REVERT TO A FULL TIME POSITION IN MARCH 2024
- Teaching/assessing commitment for your own Apprentice groups with time allocated for preparation.
- Plan and maintain the Scheme of Work and Lesson Plans for nominated groups.
- Use lesson plans to suit the scheme of work and work on correct version, including assignments.
- Liaise with the onsite assessor to ensure assessments are carried out in line with agreed plans, to include Health & Safety reviews if required. There will be a commitment to assist the onsite assessor when operationally required.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the teaching and assessment processes at SWT.
- Attend Training Team & standardisation meetings as required.
- Work with apprentices to ensure progress is in line with agreed milestones and ensuring accurate records are maintained.
- Provide on programme Information, Advice and Guidance
- Ensure Progress Reviews meet the requirements of Ofsted and our funding contract
- Complete the sections in the course folders issued by the Apprenticeship Administration team
- Engaging with all stakeholders to ensure that their needs are met and to provide an excellent customer service.
- Participate in training and CPD activity as agreed with Line Manager.
- Ensure that all Safeguarding and disciplinary issues are dealt with in accordance with policies & procedures and are notified to Curriculum Leader.
- Ensuring that all targets and timely completion is achieved.
- Level 3 Electrical qualification.
- Minimum 3 years’ in the industry with experience in the Electrical field.
- Current and up to date knowledge of regulatory standards.
- An innovative and enriching approach to training delivery, which is focused around the learner requirements.
- A1 or TAQA equivalent.
- PTLLS, DTLLS or equivalent.
- 3 years+ in the industry (a time served apprentice) with wide ranging experience in both domestic and commercial fields.
- Experience of Electrical programme delivery within a college or training organisation in either a part or full time role at course tutor level.
- Understanding of the regulatory framework for Apprenticeship delivery including the role of Ofsted, Standards setting bodies and funding routes.
Personality & Attributes:
Self-motivated, enthusiastic, professional, flexible, approachable, assertive & dedicated.
Excellent verbal communication skills, well-organised, willing to support others, team player, mentoring skills, functional ICT skills and strong written communication skills. SWT use APTEM for our apprenticeship provision.
This is an exciting opportunity within a progressive company for any suitable applicants, salary will be competitive.
Please only apply if you live within commuting distance of both Burgess Hill and Portchester.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com