This course is for candidates who wish to service and commission vaporising appliances, such as Agas, Rayburns, and room heaters.
The course covers:
- OFTEC registration and health and safety
- Basic oil-fired appliance installation
- Corrosion in heating systems
- Commissioning, servicing, and fault finding.
- Basic oil storage
- Heating system controls
- Appliance and tank installation
- Safe Electrical Isolation
This course is not suitable for candidates without any experience in vaporising appliances. Candidates can either be Category 1 applicants looking to renew their OFT10-102 qualification or Category 2 or 3 applicants. If you are a Category 2 completing this assessment for the first time, you may complete our brief self-declaration form and attend our 1-day Oil Practical Pre-Training course before taking this all-theory course. Category 3 applicants who are completing this assessment for the first time and do not hold a current allied trade will require relevant on-job experience.