This course is for experienced plumbers who want to become approved contractors under the WaterSafe Scheme. Also suitable for others who inspect or design plumbing installations for compliance with the current water regulations.
Successful completion of this course will allow those who also hold an NVQ Level 2 in Plumbing (or equivalent) to apply to become approved contractors for water undertakers (eg through WIAPS, CIPHE or other related registration schemes).
The course covers:
- Background and legislation
- Materials and substances in contact with water
- Water system design and installation
- Cold water services
- WCs, flushing devices and urinals.
- Commissioning (flushing, testing and disinfection)
- Prevention of cross-connection to unwholesome water
- Requirements for water fittings
- Backflow prevention
- Hot water services
- Water for outside use
- Sanitary appliances